If the time were ever to come and disaster was to strike, it would be chaos. As soon as the SHTF, anything could, and probably would go very bad, very fast.
As a prepper you will have a huge advantage over your neighbour, by the simple fact that your far more prepared and ready to survive than the average citizen.
But there are concerns that over the long term, even the most seasoned and prepared of us all will eventually run out of essential supplies.
Where will you find these extra essential items for your stache?
The number 1 places to head for are NOT supermarkets, food stores or restaurants. They would of been looted and cleared out on day one or even before. With the slightest sniff of a shortage of food the hoards will descend on any food store.
It will be top of their list and will be ‘dog eat dog’ full on supermarket warfare..!
The first places to head for are ….
- OFFICE BUILDINGS – this will be a great source of some additional supplies and equipment. Think about it, offices have water coolers and small kitchens. Some even have staff canteens.
- SCHOOLS: another great source. A school will almost certainly have a kitchen that’s stocked up with large amounts of canned foods and equipment, as well as first aid and even clothing. A secondary school or collage will have a lot of other resources as well – maybe a metal working or woodwork class offering some extra gear.
- FACTORIES; manufacturing factories will have a lot of equipment, tools and supplies that will certainly add to your stores. Other essential equipment like batteries and first aid will also be found there as well.
Other places worth considering
- Amusement parks, zoos, cinemas – these will have food, water, first aid supplies, and maintenance tools.
- Pawn shops – might be worth checking out especially for tools, weapons, and gold and silver.
- Animal feed stores and pet shops – especially if you have pets. Animal foods can even provide enough nutrition for humans while your out looking for for more.
- Fire stations – if abandoned. There should be plenty of first aid supplies, good tools, and lots of water. Possibly tens of thousands of gallons of water. Even if not directly drinkable it’s still a great source.
- Marinas and boat yards – A source of food and good emergency equipment.
- Self-storage units – Although normally very secure, it’s worth a try. These would be an excellent source for lots of survival gear. Might be a bit pot luck though with hundreds of units to choose from.!
- Abandoned houses – Although they would of been ransacked for food etc, it’s worth a try for water. Most houses have at least one 50 gallon tank in the loft. Not drinkable but ok once filtered.
- Abandoned vehicles – well worth a look and a good source of supplies like batteries and fuel.
Other Survival Solutions(This are the most reliable survival books that you can find)