Sure, many people would simply say that knives of all shapes and sizes have been around for thousands of years now. Nothing really new on that front. Sure, on the surface it may seem that way, especially if you don’t happen to have a passion for knives. However, a knife enthusiast would tell you in a minute just how wrong you are. Whether you are talking about hunting knives or fixed blade survival knives, you can be sure that knives on the whole possess an incredible amount of diversity.
Basically, nowadays there is little doubt of the fact that with regard to knives, there are a great many efforts towards developing more unique knives with a fresher edge. Anyone who is a thorough knife enthusiast will know exactly what I am talking about. In fact, with breakthroughs in a great many technologies across the globe, you can be sure that there are many ground-breaking models that are now available on the market.
Having said that, it is indeed fascinating to behold the evolution and creativity of a tool that has been around for a good thousand years. Truly with technology as a valuable guide and aid, there is no limit as to what all can be achieved in the realms of innovative knife technologies across the board. On that particular note, let’s take a good look at the knives that possess some of the most unique opening mechanisms:-
- Kershaw ET: Using a toggle mechanism to open and close the blade, the blade of this knife can be engaged in a great many ways. The open and close lever is what sets the knife apart.
- CRKT Rollock: Another knife with a really cool opening mechanism, you can be sure of the fact that this is one of the best-assisted opening knives out there.
- Paragon knives: This knife is unique in the sense that when it’s shut, the blade is completely invisible. With a single press of a button, the handle opens the blade and closes it.
- Scorpiodesign Shapeshifter EDC: Now this knife happens to possess one of the most unique opening systems. When closed, it is hardly even recognisable as a knife.
- CRKT Fulcrum 2: True to the term ‘fulcrum’, this knife opens by pressing the left side of the frame, swinging the blade open by about 90 degrees.
- Schrade Viper Side Assist: This knife deploys the blade from the side of the handle with the aid of a hole. For all those of you still wondering, don’t worry. The knife has a safety button.
- G. Russell Funny Folder: With a drop point blade and titanium handle, this particular knife happens to open up in two steps. Quite the fun gadget to use.
If you are on the lookout for such knives with a wide plethora of different opening mechanisms, rest assured that you are in for quite the treat. Not only will all of the models mentioned above give you a good idea of what to expect, but you will also be spoiled for choice. With such a vastly extensive and varied list of knives, that shouldn’t really come as any surprise.
However, just like when you end up deciding to purchase anything else, make absolutely sure of the fact that you do your homework thoroughly. Being stuck with a mediocre knife simply because your other friends are buying it, is not the ideal situation. Make sure that all of the specifications of the knife, as well as your particular priorities regarding what to look for in a knife, are completely in sync with each other.
Other Survival Solutions(This are the most reliable survival books that you can find)