There are a variety of tips that can help save you some energy costs to help save for your future home. Here are some of these perfect tips to help get you through.
- In the evening, use a whole house fan to draw in fresh cooler air. You can also use a bigger style fan, like a box fan, in front of your screen door to pull in the comfortable night air and push the warmer air out.
- In the morning, close your shades. Keep them closed during the day, particularly on the east and west sides of your home. This will help keep the sun’s heat out and trap last night’s cooler air in. At the point the inside temperature starts to rise, open the windows and let in the cooler evening air.
- Keep the air circulating throughout your home. Use your ceiling fans. This will cause a cooling effect when you are in the room. According to energystar.gov, be sure your ceiling fans are blowing air downward or counterclockwise. You can also try turning just the thermostat fan on (not the air-conditioning setting) to help circulate air all the way through the entire house.
- Don’t use major appliances during the hottest hours of the day. DTE Energy encourages you to use them at cooler times when the heat they produce can be offset, especially dryers, dishwashers and ovens.
- Dyers put heat and humidity in the air. Do the laundry on Saturday mornings and hang the clothes out to dry on the clothesline. It’s not a bad idea if you have the time, even if you can only try it with one or two of your week’s loads.
- Try skipping the dry cycle on your dishwasher, opening it up and letting your dishes rack dry. This will not only save the energy it takes to dry it, but also the energy it takes to remove the heat and humidity it produces in your home.
- When preparing dinner, use your outdoor grill, microwave, crock pot or make dinners that do not require cooking, like a healthful sandwich. Avoid using your oven as much as possible. The oven heats up the house and works against what your air conditioner is trying to do. You use twice as much energy this way.
With a couple little changes each day, you will see your energy cost dropping little by little. Good luck in saving for your new home. Check this awesome generator that produce caloric and electric energy using all organic waste as a fuel. Yes, that is correct, WASTE which mean is working even with grass and dead leaves. Liberty Generator
If you like this article please share it with your friends
Other Survival Solutions(This are the most reliable survival books that you can find)