We welcome contributions. Writing for us, you can change lives, reach a global audience, achieve your professional dreams, share your opinion and/or knowledge, and set your own schedule!
What we are looking for: Passionate people who are into preparedness and self-reliance.
What we are NOT looking for: People who are trying to promote products which they have a financial interest. It is not worth your time contacting us if that is what you are looking to do. We are very protective of our sites and limit the number of writers we use.
SOME DO’S AND DON’TS
- Be accurate and factual: This is the #1 most important rule for our site If what you submit isn’t factual and isn’t well researched, it won’t get accepted.
- Be original: Posts must be unique and original to All Self Sustained. Posts must not have been published or submitted elsewhere online (including your personal blog) or be slated for distribution on other sites.
- Add to the conversation: We feature a wide range of topics and have a large library of great content. How can your piece add to what’s already there?
- Come up with a great title that grabs readers’ attention and makes them want to read your piece: Ask yourself what problem does my article solve? How will reading this make someone’s life better?
- Write a tight opening: Does the first sentence make the reader want to continue? Does your first paragraph tell the reader clearly and succinctly what the article will be about?
- Write in your own voice: How would you explain your idea to a good friend? Use that conversational tone when you write.
- Include relevant images and make sure you own all the rights over them or you have the permission to use them.
- Send SEO-driven submissions: We can’t use posts from content farms or created to boost SEO or to plug a product or brand name. We are unable to accept submissions or bio references that promote a business or service not in line with our philosophy.
- Hyperlink: Please don’t hyperlink.
Legal mumbo jumbo:
If your article submission is accepted, you agree that AllSelfSustained.com has the full right to publish your article and that you are the author of that article. Furthermore, you agree that once your submitted article is published on AllSelfSustained.com becomes the sole owner of all copyright, publishing, and other rights related to the article’s content. (We will of course give credit where credit’s due when we publish the article, but our legal adviser says we have to have these rights in order to publish it in the first place, in order to avoid potential legal problems down the road.)